Intro to the mound


Well here it is the first post in the stinkin mound blogspot. For those who are visitors to this site, the R family when growing up spent hours of slave labor working on a desolate uninhabited piece of terra firma called the mound. Our drive way was just over an 1/8 of a mile long and culminated in a gravel culdesac in the center of the culdesac Grandma R wanted to put a flower garden with a waterfall, and other asthetically pleasing acroutements including rocks pilfered from various roadsides throughout the US, a varying assortment of bushes, dead tree stumps, rotten whiskey barrells, and a rusted out corn planter built in the late 1800's (about the same time Grandma R was born :) The mound has been a thorn in the side but also an icon to our family representing trials that bring us together and make us stronger despite the pain that is often times associated with these trials. So sit back and enjoy the reading.......

Instructions

If you notice over on the left side of the screen there are the labels of the entries, so you can click on and read the various entries. Only the most recent entries are displayed on the page, so you need to click on the to your left if something has been archived that you have not yet read. Each month will get its own folder within the applicable year.
B & K

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

R Remembers Honey


I remember the furnace grate being right in the middle of the hall, and walking across it in bare feet hurt! It was also really hot sometimes, which added to the discomfort.

In the "spare" room was a box of Grandma's clip on earings and chuncky necklaces that were so fun to try on. I also enjoyed the back yard with it's weird brick oven/barbeque thingy--I always wondered what it was for!

The park across the street was so fun! It was an elementary school park with HUGE pine trees and lots of picnic tables (where I, incidentally, saw my first couple making out!) Not counting Mom and Dad smooching in the kitchen, of course!

I also remember the little Pinto that they drove. I always wondered how they fit them and their stuff in their for their annual trips to Weiser to see us.

Grandpa always wore a white T-shirt and some baggy comfy pants (usually khaki pants). His hair was buzzed and he liked to run his hand over his head. I also remember the painting of a mill with a water wheel that was on their wall. I think it might have also had a girl in it, but can't quite recall that little fact.

No comments: