Intro to the mound


Well here it is the first post in the stinkin mound blogspot. For those who are visitors to this site, the R family when growing up spent hours of slave labor working on a desolate uninhabited piece of terra firma called the mound. Our drive way was just over an 1/8 of a mile long and culminated in a gravel culdesac in the center of the culdesac Grandma R wanted to put a flower garden with a waterfall, and other asthetically pleasing acroutements including rocks pilfered from various roadsides throughout the US, a varying assortment of bushes, dead tree stumps, rotten whiskey barrells, and a rusted out corn planter built in the late 1800's (about the same time Grandma R was born :) The mound has been a thorn in the side but also an icon to our family representing trials that bring us together and make us stronger despite the pain that is often times associated with these trials. So sit back and enjoy the reading.......

Instructions

If you notice over on the left side of the screen there are the labels of the entries, so you can click on and read the various entries. Only the most recent entries are displayed on the page, so you need to click on the to your left if something has been archived that you have not yet read. Each month will get its own folder within the applicable year.
B & K

Saturday, October 8, 2005

(K in Heaven) & L The Mound Edition 8 Oct 2005

Hello Everyone. It is very hard to know what to say this month. It has been a difficult, spiritual, eye opening experience these last couple of months between the loss of our sweet Grandma H and our K. It’s hard to think of life here on Earth without them, but it’s so great to know that we have eternity with them. So this Earth life is only a short while compared to what we have to look forward to. Well, N started school and he is really having a lot of fun. He has a really nice teacher who says that he is doing really well and is making lots of friends. She says that everyday he says something about his dad in class and she always makes sure to talk to him about it. Pretty soon he will get to meet his school counselor Miss Lilly and we think she will be really good for him. He really misses K a lot and talks about how they use to play football together, but now mom and her friends are trying to teach him how girls play football!! Poor N! He has been drawing lots of pictures of dad and Darren lately. He is actually having a pretty hard time just recently and think he's starting to realize more that this is real, but I know you Uncles will keep calling him and hopefully come and play real football with him. He has been doing really awesome hitting the baseball lately. He can really pop it pretty far. He is going to go to our friend Sues house tomorrow while I am at the Temple, because her 4 boys just love playing football and baseball with N, and are amazed that he hits so well and that he is a switch hitter!! N also gets to start swim lessons at the end of the month and he is really excited about that. N is a strong boy though, and sure is a cutie with his big ole backpack and going off to school all by himself. Now, K1 wishes she could go to school with her Bubba. She had a real hard time with it at first, but now she's use to it. K1 has been mammas little comforter. Whenever I’m sad, she wipes my tears and says, “You miss your daddy” and then says, “Look there's daddy in the picture”. I can't help but to smile. She is such a strong and sweet little girl. We have all definitely become closer through all this. And K1 just keeps getting stronger and more grown up every day. She also draws lots of pictures of Lancairs, that’s what she calls them. She just got her ears pierced the other day. She was so excited to get pretty earrings and she was really tough about it. I think I was more hurt than she was. But, now she just loves them so much. She shows everyone. That along with her purse filled with lip-gloss, and fingernail polish. She's such a girly girl. She is also excited to start swim lessons pretty soon. She loves riding her bike outside, especially when its time to go pick up bubba off the school bus. She is a very sweet little thing and we love her lots. We are all doing pretty good around here. We are trying to just live a normal life and just keep moving forward doing what we always do. I joined a volleyball league on Monday nights and it has been so fun for me to get away from it all and do something that I love. We all got to go to Lincoln City and see the Oregon Coast last weekend. It was so neat and beautiful. The ocean can be a very therapeutic thing. I have always wanted to go running on the beach, so I did. And this Saturday, I will be running a 5k, because that is also something I have always wanted to try. I learned so much from K in our 7 years of knowing each other. He was the MOST PATIENT, MOST FORGIVING, NICEST, MOST CARING person I have ever met in my life. And it didn't matter to K how mad you were at him, or who you were he still loved you. K lifted us up and brought so much fun and happiness into our lives and treated us really good. We learned so much from him. And through this all I have learned even more from him and been inspired to do things I wouldn't have done before. I am so glad to have N and K, because they are the greatest gift he gave to me. We have such great memories of him that we will never forget. We will never ever forget him and wish for the day we will be together as a family again. I went through K’s things today and we decided with a lot of K’s shirts and pants we will be making N and K some quilts. With K’s favorite clothes and things we will put them into a chest so that we can go through it when we miss him, and the kids can have it all when they get older. Some of his older more used things I figured nobody would really want, we will be adding to our yard sale. But, there was quite a bit that I thought that you all might like to have. So I made a list. If you see something you want just call me. Also, if there is something you can remember K wearing that you liked or something that reminds you of K that you want just tell me. All the men will be getting one of his Lancair collared shirts and one of his hats. Everyone will be getting a Lancair T-shirt that says KR, Never Forgotten, 8-15-2005. And S, I did find a Toronto Blue Jay Hat and Scarf for you. Here is the list. Please call me ASAP to make sure you get what you want. K’s shoe size 11, Pant size 38 30, Shirt size Lg-Xlg Skis w/boots and poles, ski goggles, ski pants, blue/ black Columbia Winter coat, yellow/black North Face winter jacket, 2 zip front fuzzy jackets, Roller blades, golf clubs, Church pants, Church suit, Brand new church shoes, Church Ties-many, shorts, Swim shorts, Electric shaver, Palm pilot, School books, Headsets, Flight bags, Flight simulator games w/ controller, Remote control airplane w/box, RC airplane that K was building Aviator sunglasses, and an air gun. Please call with what you want. Also one more thing, we are putting together something special for everyone for Christmas, so I was hoping that if you had any pictures with you and K, or Nieces and nephews with K or just pictures you like of K that you could all please send them to me by November 10th so I have enough time to finish the project by Christmas. You can write your name on the back of the pictures, and I will send them back to you. Thank you very much! We love you all so much and are so glad to be part of this family. Love, (K) L, N, and K

No comments: