Intro to the mound


Well here it is the first post in the stinkin mound blogspot. For those who are visitors to this site, the R family when growing up spent hours of slave labor working on a desolate uninhabited piece of terra firma called the mound. Our drive way was just over an 1/8 of a mile long and culminated in a gravel culdesac in the center of the culdesac Grandma R wanted to put a flower garden with a waterfall, and other asthetically pleasing acroutements including rocks pilfered from various roadsides throughout the US, a varying assortment of bushes, dead tree stumps, rotten whiskey barrells, and a rusted out corn planter built in the late 1800's (about the same time Grandma R was born :) The mound has been a thorn in the side but also an icon to our family representing trials that bring us together and make us stronger despite the pain that is often times associated with these trials. So sit back and enjoy the reading.......

Instructions

If you notice over on the left side of the screen there are the labels of the entries, so you can click on and read the various entries. Only the most recent entries are displayed on the page, so you need to click on the to your left if something has been archived that you have not yet read. Each month will get its own folder within the applicable year.
B & K

Saturday, October 8, 2005

Mom & Dad The Mound Edition 8 Oct 2005

A year ago August we re-enacted a part of the trek of our early pioneer ancestors and tried to gain a greater appreciation of their faith and the sacrifices they made for us as they sought a place they could worship without persecution. A year later we had the opportunity to have our faith tested and experienced some of the sacrifice they did as we traveled to Redmond at the loss of our dear K, after also experiencing the loss of our sweet Grandma H. Even though as we did this we were not freezing to death and living on 4 oz of flour a day. We have had a small glimpse of what they experienced. We are truly pleased with the spiritual strength we felt and received from each one of you in this difficult time. How thankful we are for each one of you and your special talents and abilities and the way they bless our lives. The love we have felt in these past few months has been amazing and a renewed testimony of our Heavenly Father’s love for us and the importance of the Plan of Salvation in each of our lives. We want you to know how much we love each and everyone of you and how important you are to our family and to its strength. Each one of you through your faith and dedication these past months have truly made our lives better. We are grateful for the Gift of the Holy Ghost to comfort us, and you in difficult times and hope that you will each seek His comfort in difficult times. In reading a conference talk there was quote that was on a head stone that could have been written about K and Grandma: A light from our household is gone. A voice we loved is stilled. A place is vacant in our hearts That never can be filled. But they would not want us to be sad and grieve but they would like us to take the good from their lives and put into our own. To have no one be a stranger, to love life and what you do, to serve others, to be a peacemaker, to never give up even if you don't feel good, to work hard, to love family and cherish one another. Things have been wild and crazy at our house with dad working nights. We can’t even pray right any more. As we kneel down at night for prayers to bless as we sleep only one of us is sleeping and the other is working we don’t know if we are coming or going or what day he is actually working! But that is what makes life interesting. I am enjoying my new work at Park School. I have made new friends and strengthened friendships. I don’t get a lot done at home. I need to organize my time better! Then if I am gone on the weekends when I finally get something done nothing gets done! We have been watching conference this weekend and I feel they have been personally talking to our family many times and what we have been through. What a great blessing this and every conference is, as we get a spiritual boost in our lives. We are also excited about the Book of Mormon challenge we have been issued it has blessed our lives and hope it is doing the same for yours. We are the proud owners of a brand new 1992 red Honda Civic without any emblems on it or any radio, because they were stolen! It belonged to T R (Uncle S’s T) and dad flew to Seattle a couple of weeks ago and picked it up. He calls it “The Roller-Skate”!! But it gets good mileage and runs well. This week I have Friday off so I am going to Idaho Falls to visit H and B and Co. I am excited to see them and my grandchildren. And added benefit is I also get to see S and S and S and J are coming down with their family so we should have a real RIOT!!! The next weekend I am going to Redmond and Prineville to see L, N and K and go to the 50th anniversary of a relative of mine. It’s my dad’s, Grandpa H’s, cousin Elsie Rudolph’s son’s anniversary. I am looking forward to meeting his family. I talked to his daughter on the phone and she really wanted us to come. They also sent the newspaper articles about K from the newspaper for us, which was very thoughtful. My only concern through all this travel is if the good fairy is going to find my house and get it clean ha,ha,ha!!! I don’t know why I am worrying now I never have before, but their are sooooo many things that need done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this finds you all well and happy! We love you all and pray for you continually.
LOVE, Mom and Dad

No comments: